Enter the Race to Win a Free Flight to Europe, the U.S., Australia / Asia / Within Taiwan
Race participants will be entered into a drawing to win 30 FREE flights to Europe / the U.S. / Australia / Asia / Within Taiwan.
Drawing Winners Are Selected Before Race Day
- 1.Ticket Prize Descriptions:
- Full marathon (42.195 km): 3 Premium Economy Class tickets to any destination in Europe, the U.S. or Australia.
- Half marathon (21.0975 km), 10 km, and 3 km: 1 Economy Class ticket to any destination in Europe, the U.S. or Australia and 4 Economy Class tickets to any destination in Asia.
- 2.Winners will be randomly selected on Oct. 16, 2023 Taipei time and posted on the Official EVA Air Marathon Website at 12:00 p.m. on Oct. 17, 2023 Taipei time.
- 3.All winners must claim their ticket prizes before 12:00 on Oct. 22, 2023 at the DaJia Riverside Park prize redemption area or their prize will be forfeited. After 12 p.m. on Oct. 22, 2023, prizes will no longer be available.
- 4.All winners must claim prizes in person. No other person can claim a prize on a winner’s behalf. Any winner who cannot present their Bib Number and a form of identification (i.e., ID card or driver's license) to prize redemption officials upon collecting their prize will be deemed to have forfeited the award. Sweepstakes prizes are subject to income taxes in accordance with laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan).
- 5.The organizer has the right to adjust drawing procedures to accommodate changed circumstances.
- 6.Each ticket prize awarded will be a single-destination round-trip ticket, departing from and returning to a designated airport in Taiwan. Ticket prizes will be valid Nov. 1, 2023 - Oct. 31, 2024 and are limited to EVA Air’s international routes, excluding chartered and co-shared flights.
- 7.Ticket prize winners will be required to pay all applicable taxes and fees in cash, including airport tax and fuel surcharges. Amounts will be determined by tax rates on dates tickets are issued.
- 8.Ticket prize winners are subject to taxes in accordance with laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan). The value of each ticket prize will be calculated at the lowest selling fare in the same class at the time awards are issued. Taxes will be collected by EVA Air when ticket prizes are issued.
- Residents of the Republic of China (Taiwan) - 10% tax on tickets valued at more than NTD 20,010.
- Non-Residents of the Republic of China (Taiwan) - 20% tax.
- 9.Winners are advised to book seats as soon as possible before scheduled departures (booking class code: “N” for economy class, “E” for premium economy class) and bring vouchers to appropriate EVA Air ticket service counters (except ticket counters in airports) to redeem their ticket. Once a ticket is issued, the itinerary cannot be changed and the ticket cannot be refunded.
- 10.Drawing prize tickets are not eligible for mileage accumulation or upgrades.
- 11.In the event of war, natural disaster or other force majeure, EVA Air reserves the right to cancel carriage services in accordance with its published transportation or conditions of carriage terms. Any matters not covered will be handled according to EVA regulations. The airline reserves the right to make amendments.
- 12.Pursuant to laws and regulations in North America, participants from the United States and Canada are not eligible to win the ticket sweepstakes.
-Domestic Routes (Within Taiwan)-
- 1.Ticket Prize Descriptions: 20 domestic roundtrip Economy Class airplane tickets departing from and returning to the same airport (Routes excluded from drawing: Taipei ↔Hualien, Taipei↔ Beigan, Penghu↔ Kinmen), four winners (5 tickets each).
- 2.Sweepstakes methods / rules and prize-claiming guidelines are the same as those for international routes listed above.
- 3.Tickets must be used before 22 OCT, 2024. A ticket will be invalid after this expiration date.
- 4.Reservations can be made before vouchers are redeemed and are limited to class N. Reservations open 90 days prior to flights. For reservations, please contact the UNI AIR domestic route flight reservation hotline: (02) 2508-6999.
- 5.Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or another prize and cannot be resold. Once tickets are issued, ownership transfers, refunds or itinerary changes cannot be provided.
- 6.Tickets from redeemed vouchers cannot be used during Embargo Periods. (Please refer to UNI AIR announcements for Embargo Period dates.)
- 7.To redeem for a ticket, the original voucher must be presented at a UNI AIR counter at a domestic airport together with a copy of the traveler’s ID (if the traveler is a foreign national holding a resident permit, then the resident permit needs to be supplied; non-residents must provide a passport) and a receipt must be filled out. UNI AIR airport counter locations can be found on the UNI AIR Official Website.
- 8.According to Taiwan income tax regulations, tickets valued at over NTD1,000 must be declared as personal income under "Competitive Prizes and Opportunities for Winning Prizes." UNI AIR requires the information outlined in Rule 7 for the purpose of issuing a tax withholding certificate. By law, when ticket value is over NTD20,010 or for non-residents requiring tax withholding, UNI AIR is required to collect tax when it issues the ticket.
- 9.UNI AIR reserves the right to amend, suspend and terminate this activity. Any other details not disclosed herein will be separately announced publicly.
Ticket prize drawing onsite
- 1.The 2023 EVA Air Marathon host will draw among race participants for 1 EVA Air Economy Class ticket to any Europe/US/Australia destination and 1 EVA Air Economy Class ticket to any Asia destination on Oct. 22, 2023.
- 2.Sweepstakes ticket entries can only be dropped in the sweepstakes box before 10:00 a.m. on the day of the event (Oct 22) at the main stage in Dajia Riverside Park. Sweepstakes prizes are subject to income taxes, according to Republic of China (Taiwan) tax laws.
- 3.Winners must be present at the race-day drawing to win. Each winner’s name will be announced three times. A drawing winner will be deemed to have forfeited their ticket prize if they do not claim it. Ticket prizes cannot be claimed on someone’s behalf. Winners will also be deemed to have forfeited their prizes if they cannot present their Fabric Race Number and ID or Driver’s License when they claim their prizes.
- 4.Other ticket prize requirements are the same as those described in items 6-12 for "International Routes" and items 3-9 for “Domestic Routes”.